Rachel Stones writes picture books and middle grade novels. She is currently pursuing her MFA at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. While her heart still resides in her home state of Idaho, the rest of her body moved to Arizona to thaw out. Rachel and her husband have four little bookworms they adore and a family of gophers they don’t adore.
- Rachel worked Spud Harvest as a kid, throwing dirt clods from a combine’s conveyer belt for twelve hours a day.
- She has planted close to a million trees in her life.
- Rachel helped her collegiate volleyball team to two conference championships and two Elite Eight appearances. Go Cougs! She also played professionally in Europe.
- She completed her teaching internship in Samoa. The national rugby team, Manu Samoa, attended her surprise birthday party. Needless to say it was her favorite semester in college.
- After wandering the world, Rachel taught school for a few years and then became a mom. Best job ever!
- She now runs an online specialty clothing store.
- Rachel didn’t realize she liked avocados until a few years ago. She is making up for lost time.
- She always knew she liked Nutella.